Improving Writing For All Adult Learners
Good writing is an essential skill for school and work. If you need more help with writing, PEG Writing Scholar is a good place to start.
PEG Writing Scholar allows writers to take ownership of their writing development process by practicing in a low-stakes, engaging environment and receiving immediate feedback on their efforts.
- Interactive lessons, engaging prompts, and reliable rubrics guide writing practice, helping students and other adult learners excel, and helping instructors keep students engaged and on track.
- A clean, intuitive interface and powerful yet easy-to-use scoring and reporting capabilities make improving skills and monitoring progress a simple task.
- Students can engage in peer review to solicit feedback from their fellow classmates, providing greater insight into ways to improve their writing.
- Immediate feedback displays as soon as an essay is submitted, providing guidance on improving writing performance, suggestions for interactive lessons, and umlimited opportunities to revise their writing.
- Differentiated essay scoring lets instructors set custom scoring levels for individual students within the same class.
- Instructor-recommended prompts make differentiating assignments an easy task.
- Automated constructed response scoring for short format responses makes using PEG Writing Scholar across curricula more effective and gives instructors the ability to quickly check understanding of concepts.
- Essay formatting allows students to prepare final drafts for publication.
PEG Writing Scholar is one of several MI writing sites powered by PEG® (Project Essay Grade®), an automated scoring technology originally developed by Dr. Ellis Batten Page and purchased by Measurement Incorporated in 2002.
About Measurement Incorporated